The day has finally arrived…after weeks of hard work, we have launched the new South Africa Weddings website, Celebration.co.za.
The site needed a facelift. We decided to relook at both our brand, our offering to both our wedding suppliers and visitors and functionality and the content of the site. In addition, we have received so much feedback from clients, brides, wedding suppliers and even family over the years – we took the advice, suggestions, criticisms and created a site that we think looks beautiful and covers an array of items relating the wedding industry.
We have introduced a number of new features on the website making use of fantastic technologies that are at our disposal now-a-days including Ajax, JQuery, PHP, MYSQL, RSS and more.
New features on the site include the following:
- Real Weddings – this section displays an range of different bridal couples wedding days PLUS information about the bridal couple themselves and their wedding planning process.
- Wedding Competitions – this section provides a list of wedding related competitions that are available currently. Who doesn’t love to win something? So, we are making sure that bridal couples out there are know what to enter and what is available to be won!
- Wedding Ideas – this section is for those looking for inspiration or ideas for their wedding day. This is still new, so if you are getting married, definitely keep an eye on this section.
- Wedding Articles – we always had wedding articles on the site, but now we have made them more prominent and we are constantly adding articles that will be able to be referenced by couples looking for advice, information, ideas, tips and more relating to their upcoming wedding.
- Ask Charn – this allows those to ask a question if they need help with some part of the planning process.
- Wedding Events – this section also existed previously, but it was very hard for bridal couples to find expos in their area, so we have provided the option to view events by province making it much easier for visitors to find wedding expos / events taking place in the coming weeks.
- Improved search – we have implemented a search now that we feel is more user friendly and provides more accurate results.
- Improved functionality all around!
We are very excited about the new site and still have more to come, so watch this space.
In the meantime, check out the new site for South Africa Weddings