Goodness, quite a bit of time has passed since our last update to the blog, but it’s all good! So much has happened in the last few months that we have been very busy planning for our months ahead.
So, for an small inside scoop as to what has been happening, we have put a list together that you can run through so you’re up to speed with the Mammoths.
- We have moved offices – yes, again we moved and this time we’re super happy with our premises in Lansdowne Rd in the old Felix Unite building. We have the entire top floor, with an awesome balcony and lots more space!
- Mammoth has more fun furniture! We are all about work, but to ensure we get up from our desks and have a little more fun in our day, we got a pool table which has been an excellent addition to the Mammoth furniture list.
- Mammoth has increased in size. We now have 3 new lovely ladies working with us who have helped us make sure we are up to date with different sites and everything is working as it should be.
- We have some excellent new projects we are busy with. Having completed a few sites for various radio stations, we are currently rebuilding about 3 new sites (very big sites) for clients which are taking us in new directions of technologies. If this interests you, then you must keep an eye on our portfolio in the coming months to catch a glimpse of what has been done.
- We are busy with 3 new internal websites which all going well will be released by no later than June 2010 – just in time for the World cup!
- 3 of the Mammoths are tying the knot this year!
That’s it for now. So, for those who have been out of touch with the Mammoths, this should give you an idea on where we have been hiding and where you can find us now.
2009 is here and we’re already almost past the first month of the year. We re-opened on the 5th of January and started off with a bang. We have already completed a few websites for a few companies this month. We have a few e-commerce websites and a few database-driven websites coming up in February.
We are also going to be undergoing a few changes in the next few weeks namely moving offices. We will be moving from Cape Town to Kenilworth in Southern Suburbs. We’ll be working from a more homely environment where space will not be so much of an issue. We are definitely looking forward to that.
We’ve got quite a few things planned for our inhouse development this year, so keep an eye on our portfolio. Some sites we have recently completed include:
Here’s to a good year – we wish all our existing and future a clients a fabulous, exciting and rewarding 2009! Watch our blog for our regular updates on new websites launched, articles of interest and much more…
Wow – what a year it has been! Can’t believe another year has gone past, but alas – here we are at the end of the year, able to look back and review what we have achieved this year.
In addition to launching another wedding related website, rebuilding the Mammoth Solutions website, 2 staff Mammoths having babies and the business growing their portfolio and staff count, Mammoth Solutions can close for the year knowing that 2008 was a busy, productive and successful year.
Mammoth Solutions completed a number of websites both small and large in 2008. Here’s a few that we managed to complete and set live this year (not all of the ones listed below are available on our portfolio):
- BabySense – an online shop to assist Baby Sense in selling their great range of products.
- Bedrooms in Boxes – a website allowing visitors to buy ready-made bedroom designs. We implemented both a local version and a European version this year.
- Bottega Family Wine – an e-commerce website selling wines relating to the Bottega family.
- CH2 – a blog type website for Gauteng musicians
- Classic FM – the design and template coding for the Classic radio station that was looking to have a fresh and new look for their website.
- Cadbury – Local & Lekker Campaign on 5FM
- Cadbury – Unlock the Riches Campaign
- Cadbury PS – Speak Yo’ Soul campaign
- Cozdia – an e-commerce website dedicated to the selling of diamonds both locally and internationally
- Diamond Topics – a blog dedicated to up to date news on the international diamond industry
- Discover Your Music – a website dedicated to assisting you “unleash your innerself!”
- ElexKhanyisa – a website for the Elex Khanyisa brand PLUS a full administration facility to handle and monitor all group relamping, spot relamping and earth leakage installations.
- Dynamic Cables – a website all about…cables!
- Ezemvelo – an website with information on the Ezemvelo Nature Reserve
- FHM – frontend re-skin
- Flowers Forever – a website providing clients with information on the Flowers Forever florist.
- Jaco Boettger – a website providing more information about Jaco Boettger and what he has to offer.
- Mammoth Solutions – our brand and look completely changed and re-launched
- Praekelt Consulting – a website revamp (soon to be live)
- South African Honeymoon – a revamp of the old website for South African Honeymoons
- Stylista Guide – an international luxury guide
- TruFM – a new look and website for the radio station, TruFM
- Valana – a value analysis website for potential stock investors
- Wealth Dynamics – a one page website about creating personal wealth
- Wedding Focus – an online guide for South African Photographers
- Zambezi Queen – website about the Zambezi Queen including a gallery and costs
- Captain Morgan – a new look and feel for this well-know alcohol brand (front-end only)
Amongst all the new designs, we have continued to do website updates for clients. These ranged from small updates to full database updates. Database development and updates have been completed for some of the following clients:
We thank ALL our clients and readers of this blog for their continuing support, and look forward to a spectacular 2009! Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year to every-single-one of you 🙂
The blog has slowed down a little over the last few weeks and as for those who follow the Mammoth blog, you will have noticed it was due us undergoing some technology changes and well, one of the regular blog editors took a short break away so the remainder of the team was left to focus on finishing up deadlines and other projects on the go.
So, just an update on what to expect over the coming weeks:
- We will be updating our website portfolio (YAY!) Our priority is always to get our client websites completed and delivered during specified timelines and often this tends to have us not get to ours as regularly, but it has been scheduled, so keep an eye on our website portfolio section for a few websites that we have been busy with. The pages to keep an eye on include the following pages on the Mammoth Solutions website:
- We also will be releasing a new internal website soon, so definitely keep an eye open for that- it’s TOP SECRET at the moment, but will become public knowledge very soon, so keep an eye on the blog.
- We will be finishing up some great brand work. It’s been a long 3 projects, but they are coming to an end. We look forward to updating our portfolio with the new brand projects – keep an eye open for that.
- We will be looking at adding some regular blog posts over the coming weeks, so for those interested in reading our thoughts on technical aspects and things relating to the online industry and websites, keep an eye on the blog for our upcoming posts.
Anyway, that’s just a small update on what’s happening with us, Mammoths…
Well, we’re a little behind on the article front with our Mammoth blog, but it’s all because we’re just in awe of our new server that was installed last week.
The server was installed by a company based out Bellville way called Toshiba Winelands. They did a smashing job to say the least and we can certainly recommend the guys.
With great software that allows working remotely to be a complete breeze, great virus protection software to put the mind at ease and overall good performance, we are totally in love with our new server. We are truly showing our “nerdy” side now, but it’s a fantastic change to work on a machine that works smoothly and generally makes life easier.
So, if you are considering a new network installation and / or server, then contact these guys – they are reliable and they certainly put in the effort and hours needed to get the job done and everything working well.
For more info, contact Elgee from Toshiba Winelands on 082 826 2213 or drop them an email.