Website updates are a reality. Just like your car needs to be serviced after a particular period of time or your desk needs to be cleaned now and again, so does your website.
Updating your website is good for various reasons as it keeps your website fresh and up to date. Just a change of image or content can make a huge difference and can tell your clients you’re on the ball and aren’t neglecting your website which can be a very important and powerful marketing channel.
Real Reasons you should update your website?
- Fresh content is good for both visitor and search engine. No one, including a search engine, likes to land up on a website that displays information that is NOT up to date or has old news or even worse has a date when it was last updated reading 20 June 1998. What does that say about you?
- Keeping people informed and wanting to come and visit again. Your website is online and therefore available to the public ANY time of the day. That is reason enough to keep your website up to date. Updating your website regularly with information about what’s happening in your industry or some news about the company helps keep existing clients and potential future clients informed.
- Websites that are up to date and reflect information that is up to date and current can often provide you with more time as people have to ask less. For example, if you go to a B&B website or a website where rates change during the year, if your rates are up to date, then you are less likely to receive emails asking you what your rates are currently. Less emails or calls asking questions that your website could provide answers for, saves your time.
- Websites, believe it or not, can provide potential clients with peace of mind about your business and gives your business credibility and stability.
- As mentioned above that cars need cleaning or services as do your desks, so if you don’t update your website, it can lead to breakdowns.
- Always make sure your contact information i.e. telephone numbers, physical address, email addresses, etc are up to date as people can’t get hold of you otherwise and you could potentially lose business.
- Avoid having information on the site that informs the user when the site was last updated. This can be off putting and can make the site look as though it has been neglected.
- If you’re in an industry that does have regular changes e.g. politics, financial sector, property market, etc – consider implementing a news or blog area on your site. These are great ways at keeping your site up to date and your clients informed. This has become quite a popular feature recently with our clients as it provides our clients with the flexibility of updating their website with juicy information and all on their own via Content Management Systems or blogging software.
- Updating photos can even give a fresh look and give the site a change.
- Speak to your web agency – they can assist you come up with ideas that can help freshen up your website or content if your website is looking bleak or out dated.
- Be creative and proactive – people like new ideas and creativity, so why not be creative when coming up with new things you could implement on your home page e.g. competition, subscriptions, surveys, RSS feeds, etc
If you have a website, look after it. It doesn’t have to be an expensive process – just make sure that you keep it up to date – this will benefit YOU, YOUR BUSINESS and FUTURE AND / OR EXISTING CLIENTS.
South African Honeymoons was launched yesterday with its new look.
The site is perfect for newlyweds or couples who are getting married in the near future and want to book their honeymoon in South Africa. South African Honeymoons has a list of hotels and lodges that are luxury accommodation in South Africa as well as Mozambique. The accommodation offered is luxurious, stylish and are sure to help any newlywed to relax and unwind.
The site was originally developed in 2005, but needed a new and more modern look for the future of the website. The site uses technologies that include the following:
Visit South African Honeymoons for more information. If you are still looking to get married, don’t forget to visit the South Africa Weddings website – Celebration.co.za for advice, wedding suppliers and more for your upcoming wedding.
Elex Khanyisa was formed with the main objective of focusing on all types of electrical inspections, including Ex Electrical Inspections, IS Loop Inspections, Fixed & Temporary Electrical Installation Inspections, E/L Testing, In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment and Group Relamping, Inspection & Managing of the Lighting System.
The technologies that was used to create the Elex Khanyisa website included valid XHTML, CSS, PHP and MySQL.
Website: http://www.elexkhanyisa.com / Electrical Inspections South Africa
Showcase: Elex Khanyisa
Mammoth Solutions has just completed the design and implementation of a diamond news blog. The main purpose of the website is to keep the public informed of diamond news and consumer alerts.
The alerts section aimed at keeping customers aware of any issues that may affect their diamond buying decisions, especially when buying diamonds online. We feel that this is a very informative site that will offer a great service to the public.
The Diamond News Blog was built using the popular publishing platform, WordPress.
Website: http://www.diamondtopics.com / International Diamond News / Buy Diamonds South Africa
Bedrooms in Boxes offers South Africans a unique service that allows you to transform your bedroom from being average or even under average to being sexy, extraordinary and funky! Introduced by Samantha Galtos, this new idea is sure to make people’s bedrooms one of their most favourite rooms in their house.
The range of bedroom themes currently includes a Tribal, Zen, Orange Swirl, Suede Swirl and Venetian themes and top it off, it’s not just a duvet or pillow set, but also a range of accessories to match the bedroom theme. So, if you’ve been wanting to go for a new look in the bedroom, Bedrooms in Boxes is certainly something to check out to make it easier than you ever thought possible.
The Bedrooms and Boxes website allows this unique idea to be available to all South Africans, allowing them to transform the bedrooms with the click of a mouse!
“The team at Mammoth Solutions created an incredible, artistic and dynamic website from my scribbles on sheets of paper faxed through to their office in South Africa. Thought it would be really complicated with me being in Switzerland and trying to explain what I wanted the site to look like without meeting the designer face to face but chose them to do my site over a local web design firm for several reasons. They had a young dynamic vibe and a great reputation, plus Ryan is a slave driver and perfectionist which you need to keep the artistic minds to a deadline!!! They delivered a site beyond my expectations, showed great dedication and patience, designed according to my brief and greatly improved on my ideas. Thank you so much guys! “, Samantha Galtos.
Website: http://www.bedroomsinboxes.com / Bedroom Design South Africa